Manston Investments Ltd is looking for a Property Administrator to join our business at a very exciting time in its long-term development. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and diligent individual to join our Property Team, working alongside and supporting the Head of the Property Department and in-house Building Surveyor, to assist in all matters of portfolio and property administration. This recruitment is to replace a long standing member of staff who is taking retirement after 18 years with the firm.
Manston Investments is a family-owned commercial property investment company based in Ashby-de-la-Zouch, with a significant portfolio that spans the UK. Comprising many blue chip, High Street names as well as smaller, local businesses, our portfolio includes offices, retail premises, industrial units, warehouses and land.
The role would be ideal for a detail-oriented individual with an understanding of the management requirements of commercial property assets. Similarly, you will enjoy not having a rigid structure to your day and be able to respond appropriately to changing priorities whilst taking responsibility for managing your workload – you will enjoy taking (and being recognised for taking) the initiative and seeing tasks through to completion.
Responsibilities would include:
- Maintaining accurate records within the property department, both paper copies and on shared server/databases.
- Liaising with tenants/professional advisors/tradesmen as required on property, leasing & management issues.
- Overseeing & managing tenancy paperwork & correspondence
- Responsibility for arrangement of all routine statutory works – e.g. arranging routine fire alarm, boiler, gas testing & services, etc.
- Managing the oversight of property/lettings issues as overseen & directed by the Head of Department.
- Providing support to the Head of the Property Department and in-house Building Surveyor
- Overseeing the management of the property department’s process documentation.
- Undertaking & collating basic property & market research, as required, under the direction of the Head of Department.
- Ad hoc minute taking for departmental & board meetings.
Requirements for the role:
- Background in administration & managing documentation
- Comfortable dealing with external parties, both verbally & in writing, in a professional manner
- Attention to detail & a diligent approach to work
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly word, outlook and excel.
Whilst not a strict necessity – experience of working with, or managing commercial properties (on either an agency, in-house or 3rd party management basis) would be a valuable attribute in a candidate, as would any specific experience of Yardi, CoStar (or similar property systems). Knowledge of service charge administration would be considered of particular interest, albeit not vital, in any candidate.
Manston Investments pride ourselves on being a very open organisation and it is expected that the successful candidate would be integral to the development of further growth strategies and maintain a good working relationship with the Board of Directors, alongside the executive team.
The candidate will report to the Operations Director (Head of the Property Department). Whilst the role is primarily Office/Home based (hybrid working is used across the firm, with a usual pattern of 3 days in the office (Mon, Tues, Weds) and 2 working from home) – there may be some occasional requirement to visit properties in the portfolio, or attend meetings off-site.
Salary & Benefits:
- £25,000-£27,500 basic salary (flexible, depending upon experience)
- Generous annual bonus scheme (Personal Performance, Firm Performance & Inflation Award)
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Bank Holidays, rising with tenure)
- BUPA Health Insurance
- Mileage allowance & Free Parking
- Hybrid work schedule & Flexible office hours (8-4, 9-5)
Manston are proud to be accredited as ‘Gold’ by Investors in People.
Any interested parties are encouraged to approach the Managing Director, Tom Boardman-Weston (email@example.com), with a copy of their CV and a covering letter. Likewise – if there are any questions on the role, please do get in touch.